Re: Princeton Review:  Update

Not to malign attorneys, but what do you think they might do if a job were going south and they knew the EOR was sitting on a big pile of filthy lucre?  They wouldn't go through the drawings with a fine tooth comb, looking for ANY imperfections to blame for their misfortune, would they?  Naaaaa.
Ralph

In a message dated 3/1/06 12:52:01 PM, wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com writes:

Jeremy,

I think that I would. I might use the money to start my own firm, but I like what I do and don't think that would totally leave the structural engineering field.

Wesley C. Werner
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy White [mailto:jwhite(--nospam--at)holbertapple.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Princeton Review: Update

What I want to know is where this brain washing comes from which says structural engineers are expected to work long and hard hours because you do it for the love and personal satisfaction of the job and not the pay.  If I handed any structural engineer, say, $10 million dollars how long would they stay in the career that they “love” so much.  I don’t know any who would.  They’d be off to retire to the beach in a week and became part-time stock market gamblers with their new found wealth.  Am I wrong?

Jeremy White