RE: Princeton Review: Update

If I won the lottery (which I won't because I don't play), I would probably continue to work but would be constantly looking for an opportunity to use the line from a Lyle Lovett song and tell the boss(es), "Kiss my a$$, I bought a boat and I'm goin' out to sea."
-----Original Message-----
From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Princeton Review: Update

From: Jeremy White [mailto:jwhite(--nospam--at)holbertapple.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

What I want to know is where this brain washing comes from which says structural engineers are expected to work long and hard hours because you do it for the love and personal satisfaction of the job and not the pay.  If I handed any structural engineer, say, $10 million dollars how long would they stay in the career that they “love” so much.  I don’t know any who would.  They’d be off to retire to the beach in a week and became part-time stock market gamblers with their new found wealth.  Am I wrong?

-          Percentage of people who say they’d “keep working at their present job” if they won the lottery: 98.3.

-          Percentage of people who win the lottery and continue working at their job: 0.3.