Truss Plate Values

Without knowing the particular manufacturer, are there any connection values available for the plates that are used in fabricating pre-manufactured wood roof trusses.  On occasion I get calls for people owning older homes that want to change roofing from asphalt shingle or shake shingle to a tile roof.  I have hesitated to do these in the past, since I have no information on the plates connecting the members at the truss joints.

Thanks,

Joe grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.