Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Load Edge Distances[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Load Edge Distances
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:50:44 -0500
I am designing the dock area of a freezer building. The main part of the building is supported by racks and is 10' higher than dock area. There are docks on two sides of the building in an L configuration. I am wondering what my edge distances should be for wind uplift on the dock roof. If I treat the dock as a separate building I end up with 60'x488' building, and the edge distance is about 8 feet based on the building height. If I take the entire building dimensions, I have 488'x700' building , and the edge distances become over 19'. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? What did you do? Do you have any references for this situation?
Wesley C. Werner
- Prev by Subject: Fw: Wind Exposure
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind Load Edge Distances
- Previous by thread: Truss Plate Values
- Next by thread: Re: Wind Load Edge Distances