Re: Wind Load Edge Distances

Title: Message
When in doubt, design conservatively.

rajendran

Wesley Werner <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com> wrote:
List,

    I am designing the dock area of a freezer building. The main part of the building is supported by racks and is 10' higher than dock area. There are docks on two sides of the building in an L configuration. I am wondering what my edge distances should be for wind uplift on the dock roof. If I treat the dock as a separate building I end up with 60'x488' building, and the edge distance is about 8 feet based on the building height. If I take the entire building dimensions, I have 488'x700' building , and the edge distances become over 19'. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? What did you do? Do you have any references for this situation?

Wesley C. Werner