Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:50 AM
Subject: Wind Load Edge Distances

List,

    I am designing the dock area of a freezer building. The main part of the building is supported by racks and is 10' higher than dock area. There are docks on two sides of the building in an L configuration. I am wondering what my edge distances should be for wind uplift on the dock roof. If I treat the dock as a separate building I end up with 60'x488' building, and the edge distance is about 8 feet based on the building height. If I take the entire building dimensions, I have 488'x700' building , and the edge distances become over 19'. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? What did you do? Do you have any references for this situation?

Wesley C. Werner

Checked by AVG Free Edition.