Re: Princeton Review: Update

My wife is also a structural engineer, but she does docks and bridges while I deal with buildings.  Not much overlap, but similar problems and stresses from work, although she doesn't have to deal with architects. Some of the architects are challenged when it comes to firming up floor plans early, but buildings are a lot more interesting than docks.  We have a copy of Blodgett at home....

Michelle Motchos wrote:

Admittedly- the beach thing… But, sick as the process can be at times, I do love the satisfaction of the profession so I’ve decided that my solution to winning the lottery would be to volunteer my services to non-profit organizations for headquarters/outposts/etc…  Still plenty of the usual headaches, probably aggravated by even worse funding issues, and lawyers who see deep pockets- but you can’t beat the opportunity to pick your projects and the good karma!

And, Scott & Bill, as a structural engineer married to another structural engineer, I can at least attest that it works for us! But at least his focus is on bridges, and mine on buildings, so the daily “war stories” are a little varied. ; )

Michelle Motchos, PE

Stevens & Wilkinson of SC

Columbia SC