Re: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners

Yes it can be done.  Just make sure the hold down has enough capacity to support the uplift from both directions if applicable.

bks
----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Lewis
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:45 PM
Subject: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners

Is it permissible to share a single holdown at a corner where 2 shear walls intersect?  I was thinking of configuring the corner studs to be nailed together as a built up post and using one holdown.  Is this commonly done?  Any specific recommendations of how to share a holdown?  I don?t find any details about this in anchor catalog.

Thanks.

Rich

Checked by AVG Free Edition.