From: Chuck Ritter [mailto:riter(--nospam--at)jar.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:40 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: 3X Plates and Washers on Intermediate Anchors

Windsor chairmakers use dry spindles and green seats so that as the chair
reaches equilibrium the seat will grab the spindles. Besides being elegant in
design, Windsor style chairs are among the most durable made. Maybe a hole
boundary wants to shrink away from the original profile, but overall, it is
governed by bulk shrinkage. Also, given that wood pretty much doesn't shrink
axially, the hole profile will ovalize, not shrink uniformly.

Chuck Ritter
JAR Associates, Inc
401-294-4589
401-294-3826 fax