RE: 3X Plates and Washers on Intermediate Anchors

Scott

You need to buy the poor thing a humidifier. My wife has one installed
right inside her piano. Could be that your chair spindles were too dry and
in the original wet climate swelled to the point of crushing the fibers.
Then when they dry it out, they don't recover.  But I'll bet not too many
buildings get brought up the Al-Can, so not a concern for the original
poster ;)