From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 3X Plates and Washers on Intermediate Anchors

Scott -

I was referring to the intermediate anchor bolts. I'm not suggesting that
one should omit the nuts on the hold down anchors (if any) at the ends of
the shear walls.

So, in theory, the uplift mechanism would be "cleaner" (i.e., no dispute
what anchors are resisting uplift) without nuts on the intermediate anchors.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers