Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:53:15 EST
Thanks Nels... Bill I put a holdown in almost all shear walls. If the shear was less than 50plf is what I use as a min. As a side note I do not use strap type holdowns anymore. I have seen to many disappear due to people's planting and watering habits
LA area is not near Type A fault yet the have had major problems because of quakes. Out here all project vary from 0-14km from Type A fault. The fault out here has had no movement in over 100 years. I don't mind being a little conservative.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners
- Next by Subject: shear values using staples and nails
- Previous by thread: RE: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners
- Next by thread: FEMA-350 OMF = 2003 IMRF?