Re: Sharing Holdowns @ Corners

Thanks Nels... Bill I put a holdown in almost all shear walls. If the shear was less than 50plf is what I use as a min.  As a side note I do not use strap type holdowns anymore.  I have seen to many disappear due to people's planting and watering habits

LA area is not near Type A fault yet the have had major problems because of quakes.  Out here all project vary from 0-14km from Type A fault.  The fault out here has had no movement in over 100 years.    I don't mind being a little conservative.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA