RE: Plotter Recommendation

My problem is that my office is out in the country behind my home. (A real building). There is a local printer about five miles away and he does offer sending of the drawings via the phone line. I used them for big printing projects. (A big project for me might be around 25 drawings with lots of copies). But I make a lot of check prints and bleed profusely over them and so the plotter has to be here all the time.

A tip for guys who want to achieve their drawings: Use your digital camera set up on a tripod with a remote clicker. Using any kind of board, pin your drawing to the board. Set it up straight. Take the picture. I have a Canon D10 and use the TIFF format. I can connect the camera directly to my computer for storing. If you don't have a remote clicker, use your delayed timer. (a tip from another engineer around here)

I don't go for super quality, just enough to reproduce it if I have too later on. It's kind of a pain, but I've got some computer literate grand kids that I can pay occasionally to do this kind of stuff.

No deer this afternoon, but did get caught in the hail between the house and office after lunch; my long 30 foot commute!

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
shingle springs, california