From: Neil Moore [mailto:nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 2:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Plotter Recommendation

<SNIP>

A tip for guys who want to achieve their drawings:   Use your digital
camera set up on a tripod with a remote clicker.  Using any kind of
board, pin your drawing to the board.  Set it up straight.   Take the
picture.   I have a Canon D10 and use the TIFF format.  I can connect
the camera directly to my computer for storing.   If you don't have a
remote clicker, use your delayed timer.  (a tip from another engineer
around here)

I don't go for super quality, just enough to reproduce it if I have
too later on.   It's kind of a pain, but I've got some computer
literate grand kids that I can pay occasionally to do this kind of stuff.

No deer this afternoon, but did get caught in the hail between the
house and office after lunch; my long 30 foot commute!

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
shingle springs, california