Didn't tell you about the ants that got into some of the old drawings. Should have seen me out in yard with a hand vacuum sucking these guys up, trying to salvage the prints! This was a set of BART car wash mechanical and structural drawings that we had done years ago. Later on, used a pest bomb to stop these little nuisances in the storage shed.

Won the battle that day.

Neil

At 03:07 PM 3/3/2006, you wrote:
Neil -

For archiving, couldn't you just print to PDF?

Maybe I'm missing something.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Moore [mailto:nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 2:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Plotter Recommendation

<SNIP>

A tip for guys who want to achieve their drawings:   Use your digital
camera set up on a tripod with a remote clicker.  Using any kind of
board, pin your drawing to the board.  Set it up straight.   Take the
picture.   I have a Canon D10 and use the TIFF format.  I can connect
the camera directly to my computer for storing.   If you don't have a
remote clicker, use your delayed timer.  (a tip from another engineer
around here)

I don't go for super quality, just enough to reproduce it if I have
too later on.   It's kind of a pain, but I've got some computer
literate grand kids that I can pay occasionally to do this kind of stuff.

No deer this afternoon, but did get caught in the hail between the
house and office after lunch; my long 30 foot commute!

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
shingle springs, california