From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:43:24 EST
Subject: Re: 3X Plates and Washers on Intermediate Anchors [and P-T wood v. fasteners]

To stir the pot, I'd like to raise the issue of pressure-treated wood attacking steel fasteners.  Simpson Co. has made some tests that indicate that our fasteners may not last very long, especially in moist environments, when in contact with P-T wood, especially the newer treatments.  It's got me worried.

Thoughts?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA