From: Raymond Shreenan [mailto:rshreenan(--nospam--at)adelphia.net]
Sent: Fri 3/3/2006 7:05 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Synthetic Bearing Material

Thanks Stewart
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 3:19 PM

Korolath

________________________________

From: Raymond Shreenan [mailto:rshreenan(--nospam--at)adelphia.net]
Sent: Fri 3/3/2006 6:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Synthetic Bearing Material

Hi engineers and sport fans,

Is there a synthetic bearing material like plastic that can be obtained in
small thicknesses 1/8" to 3/8" for shimming wood members between concrete
and steel and that is easier to cut in small pieces than steel?  I saw
something like that at a tilt up concrete wall construction site and they
were using it to shim the  wall level along the footing.

Thanks for any info you might have regarding this.
Ray Shreenan  SE

<<winmail.dat>>