Re: 3X Plates and Washers on Intermediate Anchors [and P-T wood v. fasteners]

Chuck-

I never said it would be easy to get contractors to comply,  I was just supplying info about the cost of SS fasteners for use with treated sills.  My conclusion is.....

somewhat expensive,  but not prohibitive;  a QC problem but worth downstream  YMMV

I'm not sure of the magnitude of the problem wrt to corrosion with the new pressure treating chemicals but I have heard that it is pretty aggressive.  Again I have no first hand experience or knowledge about the how serious the corrosion problem is.

But SS steel fasteners into all treated timber seems like a much cheaper solution than another cycle of construction defect litigation.

I agree with you about keeping the components dry but maybe these chemical can cause corrosion in what we would consider "dry" conditions.

cheers
Bob