Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 4:03 PM
Subject: Synthetic Bearing Material

Hi engineers and sport fans,

Is there a synthetic bearing material like plastic that can be obtained in small thicknesses 1/8" to 3/8" for shimming wood members between concrete and steel and that is easier to cut in small pieces than steel?  I saw something like that at a tilt up concrete wall construction site and they were using it to shim the  wall level along the footing.

Thanks for any info you might have regarding this.
Ray Shreenan  SE