From: Josh Comfort [mailto:jcomfort(--nospam--at)ggbse.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Design Criteria for Falling Ice

Does anyone have recommendations for designing a structure to withstand
forces from falling ice?

I'm working on a repair/retrofit for a building that is located very
close
to a 225' tall transmitter tower where some falling ice recently caused
failure and partial collapse of the roof framing.  I am unaware of any
design standards for falling ice and was curious if anyone out there has
any
experience with this type of problem.

Thanks.

Josh Comfort, P.E.