Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1/2 inch gap under bottom chord[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord
- From: "Chance, Acie" <AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:54:43 -0800
Title: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord
A plan checker has requested a detail with a 1/2 inch gap between the wood stud interior nonbearing walls and the bottom chord of the wood trusses. My first thought was to screw a 24 gage metal track to the bottom chords and set the top of the nonbearing wall in it but not attach the two together. I could also use a couple of angles attached to the top plates but not attached to the bottom chord of the wood truss. As this is the first time I have been required to do this and I am concerned about the drywall attachment, I was wondering if anyone had run across this and how you detail it.
Acie P. Chance S.E.
- Prev by Subject: (no subject)
- Next by Subject: RE: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord
- Previous by thread: RE: ASTM A 576 anchor bolts
- Next by thread: Re: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord