Re: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord

The Wood Truss Council of America has some standard details on the web site.  www.woodtruss.com
They have at least one detail dealing with this.  There is more to it than just bracing the wall.  You need to consider the joint where the wall gyp board meets the ceiling gyp board.  The WTCA detail addresses that.

"Chance, Acie" <AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org> wrote:

     A plan checker has requested a detail with a 1/2 inch gap between the wood stud interior nonbearing walls and the bottom chord of the wood trusses.  My first thought was to screw a 24 gage metal track to the bottom chords and set the top of the nonbearing wall in it but not attach the two together.  I could also use a couple of angles attached to the top plates but not attached to the bottom chord of the wood truss.  As this is the first time I have been required to do this and I am concerned about the drywall attachment, I was wondering if anyone had run across this and how you detail it.
Thanks
Acie P. Chance   S.E.

Yahoo! Mail