Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord

     A plan checker has requested a detail with a 1/2 inch gap between the wood stud interior nonbearing walls and the bottom chord of the wood trusses.  My first thought was to screw a 24 gage metal track to the bottom chords and set the top of the nonbearing wall in it but not attach the two together.  I could also use a couple of angles attached to the top plates but not attached to the bottom chord of the wood truss.  As this is the first time I have been required to do this and I am concerned about the drywall attachment, I was wondering if anyone had run across this and how you detail it.

Thanks
Acie P. Chance   S.E.