From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:54:16 EST
Subject: Re: Truss gap over the wall [truss skroo-ups]

Speaking of truss skroo-ups, I recently saw a house where quite a few roof trusses spanning about 25' were supported at a girder truss WITH TOE NAILS, and nothing else!  I could barely believe it, but there it was.  They had obviously been supported for 20+ years by the two interior "non-load-bearing" hall walls near midspan that didn't even align with panel points.  The owner was planned to remove the hall walls--was he lucky he called an engineer?

Ralph