Re: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord

Title: 1/2 inch gap under bottom chord
I've found a couple of pdf articles you might want to read.  Send me your email address to jriley(--nospam--at)cbbel.com.  John Riley

"Chance, Acie" <AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org> wrote:

     A plan checker has requested a detail with a 1/2 inch gap between the wood stud interior nonbearing walls and the bottom chord of the wood trusses.  My first thought was to screw a 24 gage metal track to the bottom chords and set the top of the nonbearing wall in it but not attach the two together.  I could also use a couple of angles attached to the top plates but not attached to the bottom chord of the wood truss.  As this is the first time I have been required to do this and I am concerned about the drywall attachment, I was wondering if anyone had run across this and how you detail it.
Thanks
Acie P. Chance   S.E.

Yahoo! Mail