Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete Crack Control[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Concrete Crack Control
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:48:19 -0700
ACI 318-02 has replaced the “z” factor for distribution of flexural reinforcing and crack control. I have been asked to design a concrete septic tank. In using the old method z=67 k/in which is less than the 95 k/in suggested in ACI 350 for severe environmental exposure, which in my opinion is overly suitable for this tank. Anyway, I don’t have a copy of the new ACI documents. Is anyone familiar with the newer requirements in a situation like this? Are they similar to 10.6.4 in the new ACI 318-02, but more stringent? Any help would be appreciated.
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
P.O. Box 3924
Sedona, AZ 86340
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete cover
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete Crack Control
- Previous by thread: RE: Long-Span Beam
- Next by thread: RE: Concrete Crack Control