Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:02 PM
Subject: Foundation Setback

UBC Figure 18-I-1 (Setback dimensions) shows a distance of H/3 from the face of footing to daylight, H being height of slope.

Whether it is an exterior footing of a residence or a back yard retaining wall, when does this Figure apply, versus the 5 or 7 ft to daylight typically used.

Thanks,

Ed Najjarine, SE
Irvine, CA