Waterstops, and waterproofing

Per my previous post I am designing an underground septic tank out of concrete at the client’s request.  It has been a number of years since I have specified waterstops and waterproofing.  I am considering PVC waterstops by Greenstreak and as a backup hydrotite waterstops also by Greenstreak.  I will show the hydrotite on the “moist” side of the PVC waterstop.  The client has mentioned waterproofing the concrete in addition to the waterstop, although I don’t know if that will be needed, but maybe someone of you can push me one way or the other.  Anyway, can anyone out there recommend a waterproofing that can be easily applied within the tank to the concrete walls, and floor.  The tank will be leak tested.  Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.