Re: Refrigerated Railcars

did a little googling aound.....................

I would have guessed between 4.5 feet based on a couple of visits to a rail yard  but I wouldn''t bet lunch on it.  It was about mid-chest height & rather difficult to boost oneself onto a flat surface w/o help

here's an org that probably has the best info
http://www.rica.org/ind_info/glossary.html

here are some car dims but the original web page is gone, this is the result of a Google cache

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:vSQ9VACevlkJ:www.expresstrak.com/refdiagram.htm+railcar++%22floor+height%22++refrigerated+car&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

here's is a TM from the DOD

www.army.mil/usapa/eng/DR_pubs/dr_a/pdf/tm5_840_2.pdf

cheers