Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ACI 12.1[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ACI 12.1
- From: "Jules G" <guerrausa(--nospam--at)socal.rr.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:24:51 -0800
I am designing precast concrete boxes. 1999 ACI 12.11.1 says that in beams the positive reinforcement shall extend into the support at least 6 in. In the boxes I am designing, I have slab and walls, where all the moments are negative at the edges.
The question I have is this: What are the requiremnets for slabs and walls? Are the same as beams? I wouldn't like to hook those bars if not required.
Thanks in advance for your input.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Above-Ground Concrete Storage Tank for High-Temp Service
- Next by Subject: Re: ACI318-95 Permissible concrete tensile stress in prestressed concrete
- Previous by thread: RE: CONCRETE: Steel Reinforcing Hot-Work
- Next by thread: cbc omega for wood