From: "Walter Don DeVore, Jr." <wdevore(--nospam--at)cavity-wall.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PT SOG gravel base topping
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:54:01 -0700

I'm designing a 6" thick class
5 slab 130' x 33'.  It will be poured on top a  20" deep 1" gravel bed
used as solar hot air sink.  Below the gravel bed is bubble/foil/bubble
radiant reflective insulation that also serves as a vapor barrier.  My
question is what  topping on the gravel will give the proper friction
free movement and firm enough base?  Would a layer of pea gravel be a
yielding enough surface? Would crushed limestone or possibly caliche
(New Mexico) suffice and what thickness?  Would a perforated plastic
sheet on top the gravel work?

Thank you.

Don DeVore