From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: PT SOG gravel base topping

The most effective sub base topping I have seen is a layer of crusher fines.

  It is angular enough to compact well and hold firmly in place when you are

working on it.  Pea gravel will compact, but it tends to roll around.  The
best approach is then to top it with geotech fabric which prevents the
concrete to flow around and create interlock with the aggregate base.

The crusher fines and the geotech fabric provide a very good slip plane.

Regards,
Harold Sprague