Software Fun

I have a new one I have encountered.  A friend of mine is retiring and wanted to give me, free of charge, two copies of ACAD 2006.  (Unopened, in the box).

Autodesk will not allow transfer of ownership.

I am sure there are many other software agreements that are similar, and I just have not paid enough attention to the EULA when purchasing the products.  With any other product I know of, you can at least give it away when you no longer need it, and it does not just vanish into thin air as a valueless commodity.