RE: Software Fun

From: Nuttall, Davin J. [mailto:dnuttall(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Software Fun

Hi Paul,

Many years ago, a client of ours owed us some money, and was not in any hurry to pay.

At that time, I called Autodesk, and we were able to transfer ownership of some of his licenses to us in lieu of payment.  I know we had to fill out some forms with Autodesk to make this all happen properly thru the front door.

It worked out real well for all of us.

Sheesh, is that legal? I mean, even if someone legitimately owes you money, can you do this?

Or did you have a court order? That might have some bearing on it.