Re: Software Fun

Chris,

You are correct.  According to the customer service department, Autodesk has very specific guidelines of how you can transfer which basically ends up with one option: I can transfer the ownership if I buy his complete business where, and I quote, "represent a sale of substantially all assets of a business concern."  Autodesk requires review of the sale and approval from their customer service people.  If I purchase his entire company, with all the printers and computers and whatever, plus books and any other assets, and submit this purchase for review, I can transfer the software.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:33 AM
Subject: RE: Software Fun

I think you need to arrange to ?purchase? his business. I believe that the licenses are transferable when one company buys another company. These software licenses are taxable assets of the company.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Incorporated

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603-0129

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

352.754.2424 (o)

352.754.2412 (f)

cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net

www.arkengineering.net