Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Software Fun[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Software Fun
- From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:54:33 -0800
EULA notwithstanding, you should be able to buy it, even if the asking price is $0.
First, a legitimate company is prevented from buying U.S. ports because Congress has no confidence that the Coast Guard can properly provide security and/or INS cannot properly issue and monitor visas (no wonder the Arab world doesn’t trust us) and now this!
Pretty soon we’ll all be wearing gray Nehru jackets or mumbling something about being part of a “collective”.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
I have a new one I have encountered. A friend of mine is retiring and wanted to give me, free of charge, two copies of ACAD 2006. (Unopened, in the box).
Autodesk will not allow transfer of ownership.
I am sure there are many other software agreements that are similar, and I just have not paid enough attention to the EULA when purchasing the products. With any other product I know of, you can at least give it away when you no longer need it, and it does not just vanish into thin air as a valueless commodity.
- Software Fun
- From: Paul Feather
- Software Fun
- Prev by Subject: Re: Software Fun
- Next by Subject: Re: Software Fun
- Previous by thread: RE: Software Fun
- Next by thread: RE: Software Fun