RE: The power of intuition in Engineering

From: Scott, William N. [mailto:William.Scott(--nospam--at)veco.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:23 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: The power of intuition in Engineering

Nicola Tesla did not have to deal with insurance underwriters and lawyers that told him how to solve problems.

Ain’t it the truth.

One of my biggest regrets is allowing a well-meaning attorney to require that I solve a problem for his client within the legalistic constraints that he thought needed to put in place to “protect” the client from “bad news. Those constraints, however, did not allow me to be involved in the actual solution to the problem, and as a result I think we wasted a lot of the client’s money to no good effect.

But if the same situation were to come up again, I guarantee you the lawyer would get his way.