Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
cub scouts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: cub scouts
- From: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:28:22 -0800
- Disposition-notification-to: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
One of the favorite projects I have seen is to give each scout 100 pop sickle sticks and a bottle of glue. Have a competition. See which scout can build a 'bridge' spanning 24" between two shoe boxes. The winner will load the 'bridge' with the highest stack of books when it fails.
When I was in college (30 years ago) they used to have a toy at Toys R Us with 8" long wooden sticks and flexible plastic connectors. the connectors could each hold 5 or 6 sticks at each connector. This toy, if it is still available, could also be used rather than pop sickle sticks.
Sounds like a great group of future engineers.
With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Cub scout project
- Next by Subject: cub scouts
- Previous by thread: Pipe Stanchion
- Next by thread: cub scouts