Residential prescriptive MWFRS wind pressure

List,

I can't find any mention in the IRC (2003) of what wind load to use for lateral force design.  Only tables for C&C are included.

Am I missing a footnote or something?  Are C&C loads intended to be used for MWFRS residential design?

Performing a more detailed IBC wind load calc including zones, etc, seems excessive where only a small portion of an otherwise prescriptive house requires engineering.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA