Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re Re: Fw: Shearwall bottom plate[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re Re: Fw: Shearwall bottom plate
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:40:10 EST
I will think about it tonight. Bill made the point of the excessive fasteners already.
My opinion is this is way to much load for a stud wall; I don't care what the allowable numbers are. It should have been a steel frame; my first choice, 8
6" or 8" CMU or 5 hardy frames anything but wood.
Can you send a pdf of the sill condition
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re Re: Fw: Shearwall bottom plate
- Next by Subject: Rebar fy - Intermediate Grade Steel
- Previous by thread: Re Re: Fw: Shearwall bottom plate
- Next by thread: SAP2000 for post tensioned girders