Re: HILTI Anchor for anchoring Vessels

Rajendran,

If you are trying to stay with HILTI note that they have a self drilling mechanical undercut anchor called the HILTI HDA and comes in two styles; one as a pre-set type and the other as a through-set type.  Call them or look up their catelog on the net.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Harold Sprague" <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
03/17/2006 11:16 AM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Re: HILTI Anchor for anchoring Vessels

I have used a Covert "Ductile Undercut Anchor" post installed mechanical
anchor rod and tensioned the anchor rods after installation.
http://www.covertoperationsinc.com/duc.html
On the applications that I have employed, the bolts were checked after a
week and showed no relaxation.

I would advise against tensioning an epoxy anchor.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org