Oversize Holes in Base Plates - New AISC Manual

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just received my new AISC Manual (13th edition) and someone in my office pointed out to me that the table listing the recommended anchor rod hole size (Table 14-2 in the new manual - page 14-21) now calls these out as the Recommended Maximum Sizes for Anchor-Rod Holes in Base Plates.  This used to be the Recommended Hole Size (not maximum).  When doing detailing work for the last couple years we were always fighting with the EOR trying to get anchor rod placement corrected to take into account the "new" recommended hole sizes per AISC.  I guess we now will live with what the EOR has on their drawings (assuming that the holes are at least what used to be in the ASD 9th Edition) - unless the fabricator wants us to try for the larger holes.

Best regards,

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.

LVTA
1584 Weaversville Road