Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Minimum Fillet welds for single plate shear connections - new AISC manual[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, "Steel Detail" <steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>
- Subject: Minimum Fillet welds for single plate shear connections - new AISC manual
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:40:48 -0500
I know that the minimum fillet weld size of (3/4)tp for shear plates has been discussed here before. We noticed that the latest recommendation from AISC (13th edition page 10-101) is now (5/8)tp. Just thought some of you might be interested.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
- Prev by Subject: Miami Structural Due Diligence
- Next by Subject: Re: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day
- Previous by thread: RE: Oversize Holes in Base Plates - New AISC Manual
- Next by thread: Architectural Engineering 2006 Conference