From: S. Gordin [mailto:mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 5:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Paving on grade

Lakshmana,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to accommodate a 70 metric ton (154,000-lb) live load with a 200 mm (7.87") slab reinforced with welded wire fabric.

If so, the slab may not work.  Let's say, you put some large and thick "cushions" under the outriggers and check the punching shear in concrete and soil pressure under the slab.  With some reasonable (and not necessarily conservative) assumptions, these "cushions" appear to measure about 7.5' (2300 mm) square.

If the above considerations are not prohibitive, the bending of the slab itself may be verified using PCA Concrete Floors on Ground or ACI 360.

Steve Gordin SE
Irvine CA