Re: Retaining wall programs

I was actually considering getting Enercalc (had used it at a previous firm), and then realized that I never used any module except the retaining wall one, and opted for RetainPro instead. It is a much more complete program for retaining walls, imho, and I too have had pretty quick feedback.  Like all programs, there are (were?) some minor bugs - so always check your output.  If I had a wish list for it, I would want to add multiple wall segments for restrained basement walls, and a more flexible way to adjust the retained height/wall height/height of wall above fill parameters. I'd say that it's definitely worth the price of admission.

I think I got an email that Hugh is planning to add gravity walls and segmental retaining walls to the next version, but I can't find it right now.

--
Jordan

Jim Wilson wrote:
I read somewhere that the retaining wall program in Enercalc has the same source code as RetainPro.  Hugh is Michael Brooks' father, no?  I haven't used RetainPro to know for sure.

The Enercalc version seems very thorough and easy to use, although it does have problems with printing graphically.

Several months back, I sent Enercalc an email asking if the retaining wall module in the upcoming release would include a full blown and current version of RetainPro.  I didn't get a response, though I hope it will.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA

Alden Manipula <amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net> wrote:
Thinking about buying a retaining wall program. Specifically, Retain
Pro (www.retainpro.com). Anyone out there currently using this? I'd
like some opinions on it's ease of use, realiability, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Alden

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org