From: Alden Manipula [mailto:amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Joints in retaining walls

For a cantilevered concrete retaining wall I've been told to place
joints in a long retaining wall 20'-0" o.c., maximum, with every 4th
joint to be an expansion joint w/ some sort of compressible fill
material.  This is supposedly a 'rule of thumb' type of specification.

I, however, can not find a documented reference.  Does anyone know where

this originated?

Thanks, again.

Alden