Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Joints in retaining walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Joints in retaining walls
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:22:25 -0800
I've seen this too. I no longer put joints in my walls. I just space the pvc sleeves for the railing at wherever I want a relief crack to appear. I studied one such wall for a period after construction; the crack started at the sleeve at the top of the wall and over about a month, extended down the wall, nice and straight, pretty as any control joint.
From: Ken Peoples
I too have seen similar cracks at inserts - even at walls with joints. I have often wondered whether it would be better to require core drilling for the railing posts and force the shrinkage to occur more at the joints.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Joints in retaining walls
- Next by Subject: Re: Joints in retaining walls
- Previous by thread: Re: Joints in retaining walls
- Next by thread: Re: Joints in retaining walls