footing - frost depth

List:
Can someone give me a brief summary of foundation design (or detailing) with regard to frost depths noted?  Do I basically place the top of spread footing at or below the frost depth?  from finish grade?
A reference would be just fine also.  I rarely design for wind, snow, or frost, but there's a first for everything...
Thanks in advance.
DT

Yahoo! Mail