RE: footing - frost depth

David,

The bottom of footing needs to be below frost depth and yes from finish grade.

Keith E. Pabst, P.E.

From: David Topete [mailto:davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:33 PM
To: SEAINT List
Subject: footing - frost depth

List:
Can someone give me a brief summary of foundation design (or detailing) with regard to frost depths noted?  Do I basically place the top of spread footing at or below the frost depth?  from finish grade?
A reference would be just fine also.  I rarely design for wind, snow, or frost, but there's a first for everything...
Thanks in advance.
DT

Yahoo! Mail