RE: footing - frost depth

David,

The book "Foundaitno Design Principles and Practices" by Donald P. Coduto has a great section on footings on frozen soils.

Good Luck

From: David Topete [mailto:davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:33 AM
To: SEAINT List
Subject: footing - frost depth

List:
Can someone give me a brief summary of foundation design (or detailing) with regard to frost depths noted?  Do I basically place the top of spread footing at or below the frost depth?  from finish grade?
A reference would be just fine also.  I rarely design for wind, snow, or frost, but there's a first for everything...
Thanks in advance.
DT

Yahoo! Mail